The questions Gruenberg addresses in this article:
- Should you ask for, and expect, a price sheet from your sales rep?
- Can the vendor defend the price?
- Can a library request a different representative be assigned?
- What is the standard renewal rate?
- Do I really need to create a negotiation plan?
If you’ve taken a Negotiations course in college or law school, you probably already know the answer to #5…
Gruenberg has some useful insight from his background in sales that can benefit us as negotiators for our organizations.