Library Technology Launchpad Basics and Resources Series.
In 2016, the Library Technology Lauchpad blog started a Basics and Resources Series. Each entry provides a definition, summary of the topic, "the basics", and lists of resources to learn more . In 2016, the series covered:
- Linked data
Library Technology Launchpad ("Technology for every librarian") is edited by James Day, Electronic Services Librarian at Embry-Riddle Aeronautic University. The mission of the blog is to:
cover technology relevant to librarians and libraries. Covered topics will include:Their pages include guides to library technology acronyms, open access journals for librarians, and social media resources for librarians. Library Technology Launchpad seems like an excellent resource for those of us trying to keep up with technology trends in libraries.
- Links to library technology news
- eBook purchasing and subscription trends
- Mobile library websites and eReader apps
- Online information resources
- Social media and libraries
- Library user experience (UX)
- Cloud computing for libraries
- Institutional repositories ans scholarly communication
- Research data management
- Search engine tips and tricks
- Useful general technology information