Monday, October 24, 2016

Getting to Know TS Law Librarians: Anna Lawless-Collins


1. Introduce yourself (name & position). 
My name is Anna Lawless-Collins and I’m the Associate Director for Systems and Collection Services  at the Boston University School of Law Fineman and Pappas Law Libraries.

2. Does your job title actually describe what you do? Why/why not? 
My title is vague enough to encompass what I do.  I oversee the Collection Services department, which includes library systems.  I used to be the Collection Development Librarian and those duties rolled into this position as well.  I supervise the department staff and do the administrative work, and work with the library’s management team to guide the department and the library into the future, which is where the associate director duties come in.  I really depend on the strong team in the department to keep us moving and provide excellent service.

3. What are you reading right now? 
I like to have a few books going at the same time so I can change what I’m reading depending on my mood.  I’m currently reading Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers, Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik, and LaFayette in the Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell.  

4. If you could work in any library (either a type of library or a specific one), what would it be? Why?
I would love to be a children’s librarian.  I love helping kids connect with reading.  I used to sub in elementary school libraries and had such a great time, and the librarian in my hometown was a huge part of my own childhood.  For now I have to settle with talking about books with the kids in my own life.

No comments: