Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Getting to Know TS Librarians: Joni Cassidy



1. Introduce yourself.
Joni Lynn Cassidy, President, Cassidy Cataloguing Services, Inc.

2. Does your job title actually describe what you do? Why/why not?
My job title doesn't really describe my work.  I design and oversee all the projects we work on for the various libraries and institutions we provide cataloguing and technical services support for.  Every day, I meet with the members of my staff to discuss the details of their assignments, along with being responsible for new client development and the general direction our company is going.

3. What are you reading right now?
I love mysteries and am presently reading "The Detective's Secret" by Lesley Thomson.

4. If you could work in any library (either a type of library or specific one), what would it be? Why?
If I could work anywhere, I would be cataloging the books in the two libraries in Hearst Castle in San Simeon, CA.  This is an elegant place, and at lunchtime I would find a place to sit where I could watch the ocean.

No comments: