NASIG's vision, adopted November 10,2014, is to be:
an independent organization working to advance and transform the management of information resoures. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate and improve the distribution, acquisition, and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models.The organization's mission includes three key components.
- Support of a community of professionals ... engaging in understanding of one another's perspectives and improving functionality throughout the information resources lifecycle ...
- Provision of a variety of conference and continuing education programming ...
- Promotion of the development and implementation of best practices and standards for the distribution, acquisition and long-term accessibility of information resources in all formats and business models throughout their lifecycle.
- NASIG will revitalize its marketing approach to reflect is new mission and vision.
- NASIG will expand student outreach and mentoring.
- NASIG will find the optimum balance between paid staff and volunteer work.
- NASIG will be involved in creating new content to add to the body of scholarly work.
- NASIG will work to enhance benefits to all members with a particular emphasis on members from the commercial sector.