Monday, April 22, 2019

Getting to Know TS Librarians: Keelan Weber


1. Introduce yourself (name & position).
Hi! I’m Keelan Weber, Head of Cataloging and Resource Management at the University of Nebraska College of Law, Schmid Law Library. I am brand new to law librarianship, having started in September 2018. Prior to my current position, I worked in e-resource management for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries.

2. Does your job title actually describe what you do? Why/why not?
Yes, it actually does! The majority of my job is cataloging and maintaining our resources and managing two amazing staff who work to make our materials available for our Law College community.

3. What are you reading right now?
I’ve gotten into the habit of reading one fiction and one nonfiction book at the same time. I’m currently finishing up Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas (I loved True Sisters… this is not as good, but still a nice read) and Son of a Critch by Canadian comedian, Mark Critch which is perfect Newfoundlander story-telling packed with laughs.

4. If you could work in any library (either a type of library or a specific one), what would it be? Why?
I think archives are a fascinating place. I would love to discover long-lost letters or objects. I had wanted to be an archaeologist as a kid and I think working in archives would give that same feeling of the potential for a wondrous discovery.

No comments: