People Transforming Information - Information Transforming People
October 24-29, 2008, Hyatt Regency, Columbus, Ohio
The Sunday, October 26 plenary will be an interactive session featuring
- Geneveive Bell, director, User Experience Group Intel Digital Home Group
- Howard Rheingold, author, editor and lecturer at UC Berkeley and Stanford University
- Andrew Keen, host of AfterTV and Silicon Valley entrepreneur.
Plenary on Wednesday, October 29 will be Dr. Connie Yowell, Director of Education grantmaking at MacArthur, and runs MacArthur's $50 million digital media and learning initiative.
Meeting will feature 36 panels, 60 contributed papers, and over 90 posters or short papers covering the full gamut of what is current in information science practice and research.
Pre Conference Sessions include
- The Annual Meeting of the International Conference on Knowledge Management
- User Studies with MORAE
- The Sense-Making Methodology Approach to Interviewing for Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- The social analysis of computing
- Information Architecture 3.0
- Classification and the Arts: enduring practice, alternative strategies, and contrasts with other domains
- Personal Information Management as a Study and a Practice
- Getting Started with User-Centered Taxonomy Design
- Putting Your Taxonomy to Work
- Information Behavior in design & the making of relevant research
- Human Computer Interaction in Interactive Information Environments with a focus on Groups